Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 11-24

I should remember more about these two weeks, but I don't. 

Sometimes when I'm not stable my memory isn't as good.  It's part of the cognitive effect of bipolar, I guess.  Anyways, I rode a wee little bit, and mostly ran.  Missed a run or two - partly because of birth control-related nausea (confirmed by GP and pdoc to not be related to my instability, yay, I guess), and partly because I'm crazy.  But I substituted. 

I hate times like this.  I guess my runs didn't go terribly - in fact, some went well.  It's just a fog.  Toby did one of my interval runs with me because he is a stabilizing influence on me and I didn't want to leave the house without him.  He's only been riding lately, not running, so this was very sweet of him.  And in good news, I'm now faster than him!  Mwuahahahaha.  I ran the warm up with him, then ran the intervals on my own, jogged back to him on the recovery, repeat.  We did part of the cool down together too.   

Neb got some runs in.  We enjoyed the mud.  My ankle bothered me some, but I worked through it.  Stupid icy trails, stupid microspikes.  I fell twice and had to crawl to the side of the trail to get my microspikes on.  Talk about dignified.

So yeah, stuff happened, and when I look back at this blog - I didn't persevere perfectly through this time, but I did pretty damn good.  And my GP agreed to raise my Saphris last week, so that got me stable again, and I saw pdoc on the 25th and he said the dosage was fine, even though it's higher than the 'maximum' dose (the efficacy has not been demonstrated, but the side effect profile is worsened).  Luckily he helped research the drug and is pretty cool about that stuff. 

I had some upset tummy though, which I don't think is Infinit-related.  Infinit has always been fine tummy-wise for me.  But I do have an *ahem* sensitive system when it comes to running - and yeah.  Toby said 'What would you do if you were in the woods?' but in the woods would be fine, it's when I'm in the city I'm screwed.  My hormones have been a little out of whack though and that could be part of it.  I can always take Immodium at the start of runs if this is a consistent problem, but I don't think it will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment